The first contact you have with prospective parents usually happens over the phone. Parents usually first ask for information about your program, and if you have openings. As you talk with them, you should begin to gather basic information about their child. It is helpful to have a checklist of standard questions.
- How did you hear about my program?
- How old are your children?
- When do you need the care to begin?
- What kind of schedule do you need? (full-time, part-time, hours, etc.)
- Have you used child care before?
- What kind of activities are you looking for in a program?
- Is your child toilet trained?
Some information you may want to share with parents includes:
- How long your program has been in business
- Your hours of operation
- If your program is accredited
- Information about your background
- Sample daily schedule for the children