We are working to ensure that we continue to provide all up to date resources on COVID-19.
Click here for a summary of financial resources for child care programs and staff.
- The Office of Children and Family Services has issued a series of guidance for child care providers related to COVID-19. This includes updates on exclusion policies and signs that can posted in your program.
- The CDC has issued guidance for child care programs.
- Child Care Aware of America has a list of resources on their website.
- For Child Care Council of Suffolk Zoom events and flyers click on the class registration tab in blue
- Child Care Council of Suffolk Newsletter 7.9.20
- Child Care Council of Suffolk Newsletter 7.1.20 (Update on CARES funding)
- ZOOM EVENT: Early Childhood Virtual Learning Summer Series July/August 2020
- Technical Assistance Opportunities 5.26.20
- Child Care Council of Suffolk Newsletter 5.18.20 (CACFP)
- Childcare Decision Tree from CDC 5.15.20
- SPANISH FAQ for supplies 5.13.20
- FAQ for supplies 5.13.20
- Child Care Council of Suffolk Newsletter May 12, 2020
- Child Care Council of Suffolk Newsletter 5.1.20 with testing info
- Child Care Council of Suffolk Newsletter 4.27.20
- Child Care Council of Suffolk Newsletter 4.24.20
- Interim Guidance on Executive Orders 202.17 and 202.18 Requiring Face Coverings in Public During the COVID-19 Outbreak April 17, 2020
- Provider Appreciation video
- New normal letter 4.20.20
- Self care resources April 9, 2020
- Child Care Council of Suffolk Newsletter April 3, 2020
- Child Care Council of Suffolk Newsletter April 2, 2020 (Financial Resources for Child Care Programs and Small Businesses)
- Child Care Council of Suffolk Newsletter March 30, 2020
Please be aware that child care programs are NOT being ordered to close. Child Care is considered to be an essential function critical to enabling parents - especially our first responders, health care workers and direct care workers to go to work.
- The County Department of Health will make all decisions about closures related to COVID-19. At this time, unless you have been informed by DOH to close, you can remain open. PLEASE INFORM YOUR LICENSOR/REGISTRAR OF ANY CHANGES TO YOUR STATUS.
- Only OCFS can approve a waiver of any regulations. To request a waiver, please contact your licensor or registrar.
If you have a question or concern about possible contact with