We are working to ensure that we continue to provide all up to date resources on COVID-19.
Please be aware that child care programs are NOT being ordered to close. Child Care is considered to be an essential function critical to enabling parents - especially our first responders, health care workers and direct care workers to go to work.
- The County Department of Health will make all decisions about closures related to COVID-19. At this time, unless you have been informed by DOH to close, you can remain open. PLEASE INFORM YOUR LICENSOR/REGISTRAR OF ANY CHANGES TO YOUR STATUS.
- Only OCFS can approve a waiver of any regulations. To request a waiver, please contact your licensor or registrar.
Click here for a summary of financial resources for child care programs and staff.
- The Office of Children and Family Services has issued a series of guidance for child care providers related to COVID-19. This includes updates on exclusion policies and signs that can posted in your program.
- The CDC has issued guidance for child care programs.
- Child Care Aware of America has a list of resources on their website.
- Child Care Council of Suffolk Newsletter April 3, 2020
- Child Care Council of Suffolk Newsletter April 2, 2020 (Financial Resources for Child Care Programs and Small Businesses)
- Child Care Council of Suffolk Newsletter March 30, 2020