Child Care Council of Suffolk is Now Hiring:
The Infant and Toddler Mental Health (ITMH) Consultant will be a member of the Child Care Council of Suffolk’s Department of Professional Development and work as part of the team to promote healthy growth in young children by supporting quality early childhood opportunities. The ITMH Consultant will promote positive mental health and social and emotional development of infants and toddlers in early childhood settings. The ITMH Consultant will not be providing direct therapeutic services to children in this role; rather, the Consultant will focus on building the capabilities, skills and mental health competencies of the early care and education staff and caregivers. More info...
Interested and qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We are happy to post employment opportunities for other organizations within the field of early childhood. Please check periodically for new postings. Each posting will be listed for 60 days. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to place an employment posting here.
The Learning Experience, the nation’s leader in early childhood education, is seeking a Day Care Center Director at our center in Ronkonkoma, NY. We nourish curiosity through purposeful experiences to create a future full of lifelong learners. If you’re passionate about positively impacting the lives of others and making waves in the world of early childhood education, the Center Director role might be for you! With world-class curriculum and talented teaching staff, our Center Directors are changing the world one milestone at a time. Center Directors educate parents, teachers, and community leaders on the incredible value of early childhood education and make that value come to life for the children in their center.
When you join our team as a Center Director you will:
- Hire, engage and develop a team of “best in class” educators to be passionate and committed professionals
- Partner with parents with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, community contacts and corporate partners
- Leverage your business, sales and marketing savvy to grow the Center's presence in the community, leading to the growth of new families and children in our centers.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least five years of strong leadership experience with the ability to develop, engage, and inspire a team
- Ability to develop and retain staff
- Ensure curriculum and developmentally appropriate practices are in place in the center
- Conduct tours for prospective parents and enrolling new families
- Creating and implementing local marketing plans to drive enrollment
- Ensuring licensing standards are met and assisting in the accreditation process for the center
- Assisting teachers with the weekly development and execution of the curriculum and program activities
- Monitoring and managing the financial progress of your center
- Ensuring a safe environment for the children in our care
- A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day
- Ability to build relationships with families and staff and create a dynamic environment where play and discovery go hand-in-hand
- Outstanding customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively
- Budget and financial accountability with revenue generation experience preferred
- Must meet state specific guidelines for the role
- Must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors. Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children
If interested, please email resume to:
Brooke Attard (Owner) email@example.com
Teacher (Preschool/Infant/Toddler) - Child Care Center-2000997
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Associate's degree (foreign equivalent or higher), credit equivalent (60 credits), or completion of an early childhood accredited course. In lieu of the educational requirements, two years of full-time experience in the field of Childcare will be considered. One (1) year of early childhood experience working with children 5 years and under.
Associate's degree (foreign equivalent or higher) in Early Childhood Education or a related field. Three or more years (3+) of experience working with children 5 years and under. Experience in a full day, early childhood/child care setting.
Brief Description of Duties:
This is an early childhood team teaching position based in an infant/toddler multi-age grouping at Stony Brook Child Care Services, Inc. The goal is to provide high quality care and education to children ranging in age 2 months to 3 years. Additionally, the Center is a practicum site for undergraduate interns who will be supervised and mentored by this staff person.
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Non-exempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information,veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity at (631) 632-6280 or visit OIDE.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Official Job Title:Teacher (Preschool/Infant/Toddler) - Child Care Center
Job Field:Childcare Services
Primary Location:US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area:Stony Brook Child Care Center-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Shift:VariableShift Hours:6:30AM-6:00PM (Hours may vary)Pass Days:Sat, Sun
Posting Start Date:Jun 8, 2020
Posting End Date:Jul 8, 2020, 11:59:00 PM