CALLING ALL PARENTS
If your child is in a child care setting and takes medication regularly or at times when ill...
Your child care provider…
- MUST be MAT (Medication Administration Training*) certified
- MUST have MAT* Certification EVEN to administer over the counter (OTC) medications, i.e., Tylenol, Robitussin, etc…
- MUST be at least 18 years old
- MUST have current CPR certification covering the ages of children in the program & have First Aid Training
If they are NOT MAT certified they may only administer
- Topical ointment, topical insect repellant & sunscreen.
For answers to your questions or concerns about these
New York State Regulations, contact….
Helene Aronson, R.N
Janet Bernstein, R.N